- I was born on Christmas Day. The nuns were singing Christmas carols in the lobby of the hospital, and hence my name, Carole. Thanks, Mom and Dad!
- My twin sisters were born on Mothers' Day. We're a holiday sort of family. I was six at the time, making doll clothes with a friend on her porch, when I heard the news. The moment is indelible in my memory. In a happy synchronicity, today is their birthday! Happy Birthday, Maggee and Patricia!
- When I was ten, I played Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. My long braids no doubt got me the part.
- I started college as a physics major. When I found out that all my classes were with truly rowdy engineering students, and that I was the only girl, I transferred to the calmer but still geeky mathematics department, where there was actually one other girl!
- I'm a nomad. I've never lived in the same place for more than three years, mostly way less, except from age 11 to 17 in my parents' house. And I've never been in the military! Last count, something like 40 homes, 7 states, 3 countries. Yup. I'm a nomad.
- If you get me started talking about education, prepare yourself for a long, passionate rant. I've taught high school and university in the US and Canada for enough years to have strong opinions. Give me free rein and a big whack of money, and I'll fix things, US Department of Education! Watch out.
- My soul mate has four paws and a heart bigger than the sun! Gemma has been my companion for twelve years. She guards me, nourishes me, and keeps me sane! Well, mostly sane.
Nathalie Thompson of Vibe Shifting
Erzabet Bishop of Erzabet's Enchantments
Saph of Sapphyria's Steamy Book Reviews
Jane Daugherty of Jane Daugherty Writes
Head over to these great blogs while you're waiting for their seven interesting things. Every post on each of these blogs is interesting, often provocative, and fun to read.
Dear Readers, Please! Tell me your seven interesting things, or even one! I'm all ears, and waiting somewhat impatiently for your comments! Hope everyone out there in the global community is having a wonderful day!
Check out these sorta, kinda related posts:
- Encouraging Words from Aubrianna Hunter
- Encouraging Words from Nathalie Thompson
- Encouraging Words from Kevin Hanrahan
- Encouraging Words from Seumas Gallacher